We act for a large number of retail businesses ranging in size and in a wide diversity of areas.
The retail industry has been subject to vast changes in recent times, experiencing changes in gross and net profit margins, the economic downturn and changes in the rates of VAT. Throughout all of this we have continued to offer our clients the help and advice they need.
Our clients include clothes stores, garden centres, pharmacies, surf shops and gift shops that range from turnover below the VAT registration threshold upwards.
Lang Bennetts can offer cost-effective services to businesses in this sector including:
- Preparation of statutory accounts whether as a sole trader, partnership or limited company
- Tax compliance
- VAT advice
- Income tax advice
- Corporation tax advice
- Management accounting
- Payroll, RTI and Auto-enrolment
Specialisms to support you further
- Advise on the various VAT schemes available to retailers, cash accounting for VAT and the flat rate scheme for VAT
- Preparation of departmental accounts in order to identify which areas are performing
- Employment tax issues such as the minimum wage
- Accounting software advice
- Succession planning
Lang Bennetts’ Retail lead contacts: