Charities & Not For Profit
The charity and not-for-profit sector is an important part of our business with some of our charity clients ranking amongst our larger clients.
We have invested in the development of a team, which has the skills to meet the needs of the sector. We currently act for a diverse range of charity and not-for-profit clients in Cornwall, including activities that formerly came under the control of local government.
Our clients in this sector require audits or independent examinations and can have incomes in excess of £10m per annum, as well as multi-million pound balance sheet values.
They are typically registered charities, religious organisations or Community Interest Companies (CICs) and include: theatres, service providers, social enterprises, trade bodies, community interest companies, religious organisations and fundraising charities.
Our services include:
- Statutory accounts
- Audit and independent examination
- Tax compliance and advice
- Management accounts
- Company secretarial
- Payroll, RTI and Auto-enrolment
- Gift Aid support and advice
- VAT advice
- Financial planning
- Accounting software advice
Specialisms to support you further
- Improving financial reporting
- Risk assessment processes and training
- Formation and registration of new social enterprise/CIC (Community Interest Company)
- Guidance on corporate structures, strategic planning and conversion processes
- Risk assessment processes
- Senior finance team recruitment
- Trustee training
Lang Bennetts’ Charities and Not for Profit lead contacts:
Case Study - iSightCornwall