Trusts & Inheritance Tax (IHT)
Few of us like to think about dying, however the relevant legislation requires us to plan well in advance. This means making the necessary provisions now. There are many tax opportunities available and the earlier that arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of the UK’s complicated tax system.
It is important when planning to transfer an estate that adequate provision is made, and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight - along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- Help with planning and reviewing a Will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- Transferring agricultural or business property
- Transferring assets into trusts
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax (IHT) liabilities
Specialisms to support you further
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a relatively easy and very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax (IHT) net.
We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management including:
- Completion and submission of trust tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of executors in meeting their compliance requirements
- Trust tax compliance including dealing with the 10 year charge arising on discretionary trust
Lang Bennetts’ Trusts and Inheritance Tax (IHT) lead contact: