Name: Jonathan Mashen
Date joined Lang Bennetts: January 2005
Qualifications and experience:BSc (Hons) FCA
- Jonathan is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years of experience in providing professional services to a wide variety of business clients, especially those requiring audit and to the specialist “not for profit”, charity sector. His current portfolio of clients includes, large manufacturers and distributors, Truro Cathedral, Tempus Leisure Limited, a major Cornish Industrial Heritage Museum operating the Geevor Tin Mine, several touring Theatre Companies, a wide variety of other charities and a portfolio of trading businesses. He is considered a commercially aware adviser by his clients. All references to specific clients are where this information is already in the public domain.
- He is the firm's audit compliance partner.
- Charity and not for profit sector. Including Registered and other charities, Community Interest Companies, Industrial and Provident Societies, Anglican Cathedrals.
- Network of contacts. Through his involvement in the sector, Jonathan has developed a wide network of contacts, including nationally respected specialist VAT consultants.
- Invited to join the Audit Committee of Cornwall College spring 2011.
- He is a Trustee and Vice Chair of a large local charity, The Cornwall Blind Association.
- Member of One and All Cycling club – very occasional time trial rider and sportive rider – aiming for a sub 7 hour 100 mile time and to ride the legendary Tour de France climb to Alpe d’Heuz faster than I did 10 years ago.
Interesting fact about yourself:
- He has just saved a client £580,000 of tax!
- His degree is in Mining Engineering and he worked as miner, including a spell as a gold miner in South Africa.